Summer is here and it is time to get out and play! Take an adventure you will never forget at Lake Tahoe. You can always take advantage of what its beach and mountain environments have to offer. Get up and stay active with water sports such as boating, parasailing, jet skiing, SUPing, rafting and more. If you prefer sports that keep you dry, try running, hiking, biking, and more. Enjoy the beautiful panorama and picturesque view of the Lake Tahoe, you can try hang gliding, bungee jumping, or take an excursion at the Incline Village where you can experience the breath-taking view of the area.
There are a lot of summer activities you can try this summer at Lake Tahoe. You can soak up in the sunshine or simply watch the majestic moon lighten up the lake at night. Day or night, Lake Tahoe is sure to keep you entertained at all times. Well, not all Lake Tahoe summer activity is related to the amazing lake. In fact, you can do more like explore the arts and the ingenious crafts of the local artists. Play a game of golf, or have a yoga session if you please.
There are a lot of things you can do at Lake Tahoe. The Lake comes alive in the summer months with its offering of various water sports and outdoor activities.
Here are the top 25 things you can do while at Lake Tahoe:
- Hike the majestic 2,650 mile Pacific Crest trail.
- Backpack camping in Desolation Wilderness.
- Parasail on the North Shore.
- Have a romantic evening picnic at the Nevada Beach.
- Hit the D.L. Bliss State Park and camp.
- Kayak to the Fannette Island, hike to the popular tea house, and cliff dive to the Emerald Bay.
- Play golf into the water and then go snorkeling to look for them at Edgewood.
- Skinny dip and have a tan on the nude beach at the Secret Cove.
- Take a hike from Emerald Bay to Lester Beach on the Rubicon Trail.
- Have a picnic at the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor.
- Try paddleboarding from King’s Beach to Crystal Bay on the North Shore.
- Have a Jet Ski ride at Tahoe Sports.
- Hike up Mount Tallac and enjoy the sceneries of the Cascade Lake, Desolation Wilderness, South Lake Tahoe, and the Fallen Leaf Lake.
- Head boat camping at the Emerald Bay Boat-in Campground.
- Go tubing at the Truckee river towards downtown Reno.
- Mountain bike at the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail.
- Go hiking at Mount Rose and enjoy the view of Carson City, Reno, Washoe Valley, and the entirety of Lake Tahoe.
- Cliff dive into the cold, blue water in the Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park.
- Kayak from Sand Harbor towards Thunderbird Lodge.
- Enjoy the cold waters from Eagle Falls, Horsetail Falls, and Glen Alpine Falls.
- Ride a ferry and then go hiking to the Echo Lakes Trail into Desolation Wilderness.
- Head straight to Truckee for some souvenir shopping.
- Try hang gliding off the top of Slide Mountain via Thermal Sky Sports.
- Have some adrenaline rush in a hot air balloon overlooking the lake.
- On a beautiful day, jump off the Donner Lake public docks.